Makes 6 Servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes
Nutritional Info | Calories: 215 | Protein: 1 | Fat: 18 | Carbs: 15
- 3-4 apples (Honeycrisp, Fuji, Braeburn or Jazz work best)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2-3 tbsp. Cinnamon
- Juice of ½ orange (not orange juice)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and orange juice. Stir until evenly mixed and set aside.
- Core the apples and slice them into very thin slices.
- Line the bottom of a small, shallow baking dish with a single layer of apples. Spread a small amount of the butter mixture over each slice. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Repeat these three steps until you run out of apples – Be careful not to finish the butter mixture before you finish the apple layers.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until apples are fork tender. Enjoy!
Eggs, bacon and avocado – The perfect triad.
Almond Butter Banana Blender Muffins
A healthy treat packed with healthy fats and protein? Yup. They do exist.