Burger with Caramelized Onions
Makes 4 Servings | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
Nutritional Info | Calories: 300 | Protein: 24 | Fat: 24 | Carbs: 14
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, D.TOX
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 beef steak tomato, sliced into 5 thick slices
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados, to taste
- Heat medium skillet to medium high heat and add 1 Tbsp. coconut oil. Add thinly sliced onions and sauté until lightly caramelized, stirring occasionally.
- Add balsamic vinegar and sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Form 4 burgers with the lean ground beef, lightly seasoning both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add in 1 Tbsp. coconut oil. Place the burgers in the skillet and sauté each side for 3-5 minutes, until burgers have reached desired doneness. Remove from skillet and let sit for 1 minute.
- Assemble burgers – Place 1 large slice of beef steak tomato on a plate, then the burger, then 2 tablespoons of the balsamic caramelized onions, and top with sliced avocado.
These delicious fries will make you forget the potato ever existed, and will leave you longing for seconds!
Eggs, bacon and avocado – The perfect triad.