Chicken Kebabs with Blueberry BBQ Sauce
Makes 4 Serving | Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
Nutritional Info | Calories: 215 | Protein: 24 | Fat: 4 | Carbs: 24
- 3 red peppers, cut into ¾ inch
- 1 zucchini, chopped thickly
- 1 onion, chopped thickly
- 1 lb. chicken breast, diced
Blueberry BBQ Sauce
- 2 cup of blueberries, fresh
- 1 cup of ketchup, low sugar, organic
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- To make the sauce, put all the ingredients into a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in ¼ cup of water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is thick (slightly chunky), stirring occasionally.
- Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Thread chicken and peppers onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water 20 minutes before using.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the kabobs on the grill, cover, and cook until the chicken is opaque throughout, about 8-12 minutes, turning once or twice during cooking.
- Transfer to a warmed platter and drizzle blueberry BBQ sauce over skewers before serving.
Steak & Pineapple Kebabs
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos