Lasagna Stuffed Acorn Squash
Makes 4 Servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes
Nutritional Info | Calories: 445 | Protein: 35 | Fat: 19 | Carbs: 38
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ onion
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella or parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place squash face down and bake about 20-25 minutes, until easily pierced with a fork.
- While the squash is in the oven, heat 1 Tbsp. coconut oil on a pan over medium heat and sauté onion, ground beef, zucchini, and spinach for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove excess grease, then add the crushed tomatoes and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- When squash is done, flip the squash over and evenly distribute ricotta cheese in the bottom of each half. Then add the beef mixture over the top, and sprinkle with the mozzarella or parmesan.
- Return the halves to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned.
Eggs, bacon and avocado – The perfect triad.
Almond Butter Banana Blender Muffins
A healthy treat packed with healthy fats and protein? Yup. They do exist.