Protein Packed Veggie Burger
Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
4 Servings | Calories: 215 | Protein: 13 | Fat: 12 | Carbs: 18
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, D.TOX
- ¾ cup dried lentils
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 cups brown mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced (about 3 cloves)
- ½ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- ½ tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Bring lentils, vegetable broth and ½ teaspoon sea salt to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until liquid has been absorbed, stirring once or twice for about 30 minutes.
- Mash well with a potato masher or in a food processor and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium-high, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add onion and sauté for about 3 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to onion mixture and sauté for about 5 minutes until mushrooms become golden.
- Remove from heat and mix in mashed lentils and remaining ingredients. Season with sea salt to your taste.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425°F until heated through and slightly crispy on the edges.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe brought to you by