Sausage, Sweet Potato and Apple Dressing
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes
6 Servings | Calories: 305 | Protein: 17 | Fat: 15 | Carbs: 22
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 lb. fresh ground pork sausage
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- 4 stalks organic celery, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 1 medium organic Fuji apple, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp. Celtic or Himalayan sea salt, divided
- 2 large organic eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes with coconut oil and 1 tsp. salt and bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- While potatoes are baking, sauté celery and onion in ghee until softened, and set aside.
- Cook pork sausage in a pan until browned and cooked through.
- In mixing bowl, combine sweet potatoes, celery, onion, sausage, apple, poultry seasoning and salt.
- Decrease heat to 350 degrees.
- Pour whisked eggs and broth over sweet potato mixture. Gently mix.
- Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked through. Uncover and bake for a few additional minutes until edges are lightly browned.