Spinach Salad with Walnuts, Pears, & Goat Cheese
Makes 5 Servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Info | Calories: 255 | Protein: 6 | Fat: 17 | Carbs: 23
- Two 6 oz. bag of baby spinach
- 2 pears (Bosc or Anjou, preferred)
- ½ small red onion
- ¾ cup goat cheese
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350° Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 5-10 minutes, tossing occasionally. Nuts are done when slightly darker color and fragrant.
- Chop ½ of one of the pears and place into a blender along with the vinegar, oil, mustard and puree.
- Slice onion and pears into thin slices.
- Combine spinach, goat cheese, onion and pears in a large bowl and toss with dressing to evenly coat.
- Serve immediately.
Eggs, bacon and avocado – The perfect triad.
Almond Butter Banana Blender Muffins
A healthy treat packed with healthy fats and protein? Yup. They do exist.