Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
6 Serving | Calories: 480 | Protein: 36 | Fat: 32 | Carbs: 10
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ onion minced
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Swedish Meatballs Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp. butter or ghee
- 2 Tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 cup low sodium beef or chicken stock
- 1 15. oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp. black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a large pan or baking sheet with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine all meatball ingredients. Using hands, form 2-inch meatballs (about 24) and place on baking sheet ensuring space between each ball for even cooking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- In large skillet, add butter or ghee until melted. Whisk in xanthan gum until evenly combined. Add low sodium broth. Whisk vigorously.
- When mixture is smooth and incorporated, whisk until thick. Add in coconut milk, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and salt to taste. Simmer sauce to desired thickness and texture. Return backed meatballs to skillet and coat with sauce.