Spaghetti Squash Pizza Bake
Makes 6 Servings | Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 75 minutes
Nutritional Info | Calories: 345 | Protein: 26 | Fat: 22 | Carbs: 12
Gluten-free, dairy-free, D,TOX, GUT.FIX
- 1 large spaghetti squash, or two small
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. Celtic or Himalayan salt
- 1 lb pounds ground turkey
- .5 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 8-oz. package of sliced mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cups organic marinara sauce
- Poke holes in the spaghetti squash and microwave for 5 minutes. Remove from microwave and carefully cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and rub olive oil and salt into the flesh.
- Place flesh side down in microwave safe dish with ½ inch to 1 inch of water. Microwave in 3 minute increments until fork-tender, but not over-cooked.
- When done, remove from water and pat dry. Allow 10 minutes to cool, and run a fork along the fleshy side to remove the strands from the skin and place in a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- While squash is cooking, cook sausage, ground turkey, mushrooms, and peppers in a skillet until cooked through.
- Add eggs, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, and oregano to a bowl and mix well. Stir into baking dish with spaghetti squash.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 75 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Indulge in this crunchy, fiber packed alternative to the classic potato chip.
Didn’t somebody once say, “Fresh hummus is the best hummus?” Maybe not, but I’m saying it now.