BBQ Black Bean Meatballs
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 510 | Protein: 9 | Fat: 10 | Carbs: 54
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1/2 cup oat flour,
- 1/2 gluten free oats
- 1/2 15 oz. can of black beans
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 Tbsp. basil, minced
- Water as needed
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup low-sugar BBQ sauce
- Red chili flakes, to taste
- In a food processor, add oats and pulse until it forms a flour-like consistency. Add the rest of the meatball ingredients and continue to pulse until it forms a paste, about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl and start rolling it into small, 1 inch balls.
- Once all balls are formed, melt ½ Tbsp. on a sauté pan over medium heat. Add meatballs and lightly toast, stirring frequently so the balls cook evenly – about 5 minutes total.
- Mix in BBQ sauce and red chili flakes and stir until all balls area evenly coated. Continue to cook the balls another 4-5 minutes, until thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat and enjoy!