Beef and Broccoli
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 330 | Protein: 27 | Fat: 17 | Carbs: 16
- 1 lb. flank steak, finely sliced into bite-size strips
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbs. sesame oil
- 1 tbs. honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 6 cups broccoli florets (about 1 lb.)
- Cover and freeze steak 20 minutes for easier slicing.
- Combine coconut aminos, 2 tablespoons. sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger and black pepper in a bowl, stir well. Add flank steak and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Add broccoli florets and sauté 4 to 5 minutes, partially covered with lid, stirring or tossing several times until broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender, then remove from pan. Tip: If you prefer softer broccoli, add 2 tablespoons of water before covering with the lid and it will steam cook the broccoli.
- Increase heat to high heat. Add steak in a single layer and sauté 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through. Quickly pull out a piece to test if fully cooked.
- Add the remaining marinade, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 to 4 minutes. It will thicken. Add broccoli and stir to combine. Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to thin the sauce if desired. Add flank steak and enjoy!