Beef Stir Fry
Prep: 30 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 290 | Protein: 23 | Fat: 14 | Carbs: 17
- 1 lb. skirt steak, cut into 4-inch-long pieces, then cut against the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tbs. freshly squeezed lime juice (1 to 2 limes)
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ¼ yellow onion
- ¼ lb. snow peas or green beans
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 large carrots, sliced
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut skirt steak into 4-inch-long pieces, then cut against the grain into ¼-inch-thick slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, honey and lime juice. Add the steak, toss to coat and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until shimmering, about 1 minute. Add the steak (and marinade) and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside. Allow the liquid in the pan to reduce until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and onions, cook 1 minute more. Add the snow peas, broccoli, bell pepper, carrots, and mushrooms and continue cooking until all the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Return the steak to the skillet and toss to combine.