Bistro Shrimp & Rice Cake with Avocado Crema
Prep time: 35 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
8 Servings | Calories 380 | Protein 16 | Carbs 40 | Fat 17
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3/4 lb. small pink shrimp, tail off and de-veined
- 5 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups of cooked Jasmine rice, cooked per directions
- 2 Eggland’s Best eggs (large)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned, gluten-free bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
Shrimp & Rice Cakes:
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the raw shrimp, garlic, spinach, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to the skillet. Stir while sautéing for 2 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink. Remove pan from heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together the ricotta cheese and eggs until well combined. Add the cooked jasmine rice, shrimp mixture, and fresh thyme and mix all ingredients together.
- Using 1/4 measuring cup of mixture to form 8 patties.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow baking dish and dredge patties in bread crumbs on both sides.
- Heat remaining oil in large clean skillet on medium heat. Working in batches, sauté patties 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed, and scoop the fruit out of the skin. Place into blender or food processor.
- Add the juice of one fresh lime, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth and combined.
- Drizzle avocado crema on top of each patty and enjoy!
Recipe brought to you by