Cheesy Zucchini Lasagna
Makes 6 Servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes
Nutritional Info | Calories: 321 | Protein: 29 | Fat: 16.5 | Carbs: 17.5
- 5 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise (about 15-20 slices total)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a large pan, add ground beef and onions and brown for 5-6 minutes.
- Once beef is mostly cooked, add garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, tomatoes, and basil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with coconut oil, and cover with the bottom with a single layer of zucchini slices.
- Cover zucchini layer with eggs, cheese, and beef sauce, in that order. (Be mindful & conservative to save enough beef sauce, cheese, and eggs for more layers!).
- Repeat (Zucchini, eggs, cheese, beef sauce) to make 3 layers total—ending with uniform layer of zucchini & cheese.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes until the cheese is beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Eggs, bacon and avocado – The perfect triad.
Almond Butter Banana Blender Muffins
A healthy treat packed with healthy fats and protein? Yup. They do exist.