Chewy Snack Bars
Makes 8 Servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30+ minutes
Nutritional Info | Calories: 244 | Protein: 5 | Fat: 12 | Carbs: 27
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, D.TOX
- 1 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 cup raw cashews, almonds, or other nut of choice
- 1/3 cup nut-butter of choice (almond, cashew, sunflower butter, etc.)
- 1+ tablespoons water
- Pulse the nuts in a food processor until they are in small pieces.
- Add the pitted dates and nut-butter to the food processor, and blend together (scraping sides down as needed).
- Add water and continue blending. Mixture should stick together and be pliable; add another ½ tablespoon or more of water as needed to get to desired consistency.
- Grease 8×8 or 9×9 pan, and scrape mixture from food processor into pan.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes, then cut bars into 8 squares.
- Keep refrigerated.
Satisfy your pancake craving without all of the sugar and carbs.
Almond Butter Banana Blender Muffins
A healthy treat packed with healthy fats and protein? Yup. They do exist.