Chicken Chipotle Burrito Bowls
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 410 | Protein: 37 | Fat: 12 | Carbs: 37
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 chipotle pepper (canned)
- 1 tbs. adobo sauce (juice from can)
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ onion
- 1½ tbs. cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. salt
- Juice of one lime
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water or unsalted chicken bone broth
- 2 tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbs. cilantro, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup salsa, no sugar added
- 2 cup spinach or spring mix
- Optional: avocado, hot sauce, fresh cilantro
- Place marinade ingredients into blender and blend until smooth. Place the chicken and marinade in a ziplock bag and massage well until evenly coated. Marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes to 24 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from ziplock bag and discard the remaining marinade.
- Heat skillet (or grill) over medium to medium-high heat and cook each side of chicken 5 to 6 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Let chicken rest 5 to 10 minutes before dicing into 1” pieces on cutting board.
- Bring 2 cups of water or chicken broth and rice to boil. Reduce heat to low and allow water to simmer, cover, and cook rice until the water is absorbed – about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add remaining rice ingredients and stir until well combined. Set Aside.
Assemble by dividing chicken, rice, and bowl ingredients evenly between 4 bowls.