Chicken Stir Fry
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Servings: 8
1 Serving | Calories: 255 | Protein: 28 | Fat: 8 | Carbs: 18
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free D.TOX
- 2 lb. chicken breast
- 1 cup gluten-free, reduced-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbs. sesame oil
- 2 tbs. ginger powder
- 1 tbs. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 lb. bag of fresh broccoli florets
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces ¼“ thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced into 1” strips
- 2 6-oz. cans sliced water chestnuts
- After cutting chicken into bite-size pieces, combine with soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger powder, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl to marinate while you chop the rest of the vegetables with a clean knife and cutting board.
- In a large wok over medium-high heat on the stove, melt the coconut oil. Once melted, add the chicken and stir every minute while it cooks for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- After chicken cooks most of the way through, add the vegetables, starting with broccoli and onion as they take longest to cook. Keep stirring to mix all the flavors and to allow for even cooking. The vegetables should only take about 5 to 7 minutes to cook until bright and crunchy.