Chocolate Protein Bars
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 5 minutes | Servings: 8
1 Serving | Calories: 300 | Protein: 17 | Fat: 18 | Carbs: 24
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup natural chunky almond or peanut butter
- 2 to 3 tbs. honey, plus more to taste (optional)
- 1¼ cup vanilla (or chocolate) whey Life Time Protein Powder
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- Optional: melted 80% dark chocolate for drizzle
- In a medium pot, combine milk, nut butter and honey over low heat. Stir just until all ingredients
- are well combined and warmed through.
- Add protein powder and oats. Stir to combine well. (If mixture is too thick to stir, slowly add milk.)
- Grease an 8-x-8-inch pan and press mixture evenly into pan. Drizzle with dark chocolate (optional).
- Allow bars to cool completely before cutting into squares. Wrap in airtight container and store at moderate room temp for up to a week.
*Note: Nutritional information does not include optional chocolate.