Chocolate Protein Bars
Makes 8 Servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes
Nutritional Info | Calories: 300 | Protein: 17 | Fat: 18 | Carbs: 24
Ditch those commercial, sugar laden “protein” bars and make these delicious alternatives yourself!
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup natural chunky almond or peanut butter
- 2-3 Tbsp. honey, plus more to taste (optional)
- 1¼ cup vanilla (or chocolate) whey protein powder
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- (Optional: Melted 80% dark chocolate for drizzle)
- In a medium pot, combine milk, nut butter, and honey over low heat. Stir just until all ingredients are well combined and warmed through. Add protein powder and oats. Stir to combine well. (If mixture is too thick to stir, slowly add milk.)
- Grease an 8×8 pan and press mixture evenly into pan. Drizzle with dark chocolate (optional).
- Allow bars to cool completely before cutting into squares. Wrap in airtight container and store at moderate room temp for up to a week.
*Note: Nutritional information does not include optional chocolate.
Satisfy your pancake craving without all of the sugar and carbs.
Almond Butter Banana Blender Muffins
A healthy treat packed with healthy fats and protein? Yup. They do exist.