Fajita Tray Bake
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
4 Servings | Calories: 320 | Protein: 32 | Fat: 7 | Carbs: 37
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. coconut or olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¾ cup rice, uncooked
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning OR fajita seasoning below
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in rice and salt.
- Reduce heat to low and allow water to simmer, cover, and cook rice until the water is absorbed – about 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne.
- In a separate, large bowl, toss olive oil, lime juice, chicken, peppers and onion until evenly coated. Add seasoning mixture and toss until fully combined.
- Transfer to large baking tray and evenly spread.
- Sprinkle seasoning on chicken, bell peppers, and onions.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.