Fajita Tray Bake
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 320 | Protein: 32 | Fat: 7 | Carbs: 37
- ¾ cup rice, uncooked
- 2 tbs. coconut or olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbs. taco seasoning OR fajita seasoning below
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in rice and salt.
- Reduce heat to low and allow water to simmer. Cover, and cook rice until the water is absorbed — about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder and cayenne. Omit step if using taco seasoning.
- In a separate, large bowl, toss olive oil, lime juice, chicken, peppers and onion until evenly coated. Add seasoning mixture and toss until fully combined.
- Transfer to large baking tray and evenly spread.
- Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.