Garlic Mashed Faux-tatoes
Makes 4 Servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
Nutritional Info | Calories: 160 | Protein: 5 | Fat: 13 | Carbs: 12
- 1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets (about 6 to 7 cups)
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic, smashed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill a large pot with water ¾ of the way full and add cauliflower. Cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add coconut oil to a small skillet over medium heat and cook garlic until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, remove water from cauliflower as much as possible. Then put into large bowl and add butter, garlic, milk and salt and pepper.
- Use blender or food processor to blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
Indulge in this crunchy, fiber packed alternative to the classic potato chip.
Didn’t somebody once say, “Fresh hummus is the best hummus?” Maybe not, but I’m saying it now.