Autumn Harvest Bowl
Prep: 25 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes | Servings: 8
1 Serving | Calories: 400 | Protein: 28 | Fat: 22 | Carbs: 27
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, D.TOX
- 3 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1½ cups wild rice (cooked)
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 2 lb. shredded turkey breast
- 2 apples, diced
- 6 tbs. walnuts, chopped
- 6 cups mixed greens
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Placed brussels sprouts and cubed butternut squash on an oiled pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, add 4 cups of water, rice and a pinch of salt to a saucepan and bring to a boil. After water has reached a boil, bring water to a simmer and cook for 35 to 45 minutes, until soft. (Wild rice takes much longer to cook).
- When the vegetables have been in the oven for about 20 tp 25 minutes, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat and sauté turkey breast until thoroughly cooked, about 7 to 9 minutes. Then shred with two forks and set to the side.
- When vegetables are finished, remove from oven. On a small baking sheet, add chopped walnuts and toast for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, add vinaigrette ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss until thoroughly mixed and well coated with vinaigrette dressing.