Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Servings: 6
1 Serving | Calories: 425 | Protein: 19 | Fat: 24 | Carbs: 37
- ½ tbs. coconut oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, quartered
- 8 slices of nitrate-free bacon
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large apple, diced (honey crisp or pink lady recommended)
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 lb. cooked ham, diced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
- 1 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, melt coconut oil and toss the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts until evenly coated. Spread mixture in a single layer on baking sheet and lightly sprinkle with salt. Roast for 25 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook bacon until crisp. Drain the fat while reserving one to two tablespoons in the skillet.
- Lower heat to medium, add onions and cook 45 seconds or until tender. Add the apples and pecans and continue to cook, occasionally stirring until lightly browned. Add cooked ham and sauté 1 to 2 minutes until warmed. Add cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste. Finally, add in the cranberries, crumble in the bacon and cook another 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl, prepare the vinaigrette by combining all ingredients. Whisk until evenly distributed.
- Add roasted Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and vinaigrette to large skillet and stir to combine. Serve and enjoy!