Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
6 Servings | Calories: 425 | Protein: 19 | Fat: 24 | Carbs: 37
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 8 slices of nitrate-free bacon
- 1 lb. cooked ham, diced
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large apple, diced (honeycrisp or pink lady recommended)
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, melt coconut oil and toss the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts until evenly coated. Spread mixture in a single layer on baking sheet and lightly sprinkle with salt. Roast for 25 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat and cook bacon until crisp. Drain the fat while reserving 1-2 Tbsp in the skillet.
- Lower heat to medium, add onions and cook 45 seconds or until tender. Add the apples and pecans and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Add cooked ham and saute 1-2 minutes until warmed. Add cinnamon, salt & pepper to taste. Finally, add in the cranberries, crumble in the bacon and cook another 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl, prepare the vinaigrette by combining all ingredients. Whisk until evenly distributed.
- Add roasted brussles sprouts, sweet potatoes and vinaigrette to large skillet and stir to combine. Serve and enjoy!