Hawaiian Chicken Stir Fry
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
4 Servings | Calories: 305 | Protein: 28 | Fat: 5 | Carbs: 28
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped into 1’ pieces
- 1 orange pepper, chopped into 1’ pieces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- ¼ red onion, chopped into 1’ pieces
- ½ cup rice
- 1 cups water
- Optional: Green onion and sesame seeds
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- Add rice and water to small pot. Bring to boil, reduce to low heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, place all ingredients for the Hawaiian sauce in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Toss the chopped chicken pieces with salt.
- Heat ghee or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook stirring until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add garlic to the pan and stir for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the red pepper, orange pepper, and onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the pan and pour in the prepared Hawaiian sauce.
- Simmer dish for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Taste and add more salt, as needed.
- Serve over rice.
- Optional: Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.