Healthy Fried Rice
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
4 Servings | Calories: 320 | Protein: 24 | Fat: 7 | Carbs: 38
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (about 1/3 cup dry)
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice (about 1/3 cup dry)
- 3/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts , diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil , divided
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large non-stick wok or skillet, heat 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1 1/2 tsp of the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken pieces, season lightly with salt and pepper and sauté until cooked through, about 5 – 6 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In separate, small skillet, add ½ tsp. coconut oil and scramble eggs. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Return large skillet to medium-high heat, add remaining 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1 tsp coconut oil. Add peas, carrots and onions and sauté 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer. Return chicken and eggs to skillet along with rice and quinoa mix. Add in coconut aminos and season with salt and pepper to taste.