Healthy Fried Rice
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 320 | Protein: 24 | Fat: 7 | Carbs: 38
- 1 tbs. sesame oil , divided
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- ¾ lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into ¾-inch pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (about 1/3 cup dry)
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice (about 1/3 cup dry)
- 3 tbs. coconut aminos
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large non-stick wok or skillet, heat 1½ teaspoons sesame oil and 1½ teaspoons of the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken pieces, season lightly with salt and pepper and sauté until cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In separate, small skillet, add ½ teaspoon coconut oil and scramble eggs. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Return large skillet to medium-high heat, add remaining 1½ teaspoons sesame oil and 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Add peas, carrots and onions and sauté 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer. Return chicken and eggs to skillet along with rice and quinoa mix. Add in coconut aminos and season with salt and pepper to taste.