Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 0 minutes | Servings: 6
1 Serving | Calories: 138 | Protein: 3 | Fat: 7 | Carbs: 18
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, D.TOX
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, about 1 large lemon
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 to 3 tbs. water
- Dash of ground paprika
- Add tahini and lemon juice to a food processor and process for 1 minute. Then add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin and the salt and process for 1 minute, scraping the sides halfway through.
- Drain liquid from the can of chickpeas and rinse well with water. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Add the rest of the chickpeas and process for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and smooth. If hummus is still too thick, slowly add of water until desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve!