Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 18 minutes | Servings: 12
1 Serving | Calories: 140 | Protein: 8 | Fat: 9 | Carbs: 4
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- ⅓ cup lemon juice (about 3 small lemons)
- 2¼ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 1½ tbs. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line 12-cup muffin pan or grease with coconut oil
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, apple sauce, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, almond extract and lemon juice.
- In medium bowl combine almond flour, tapioca flour, poppy seeds, baking soda, salt and lemon zest; set aside. Add to wet ingredients, mixing with large spoon or spatula until combined.
- Evenly distribute batter into 12-cup muffin pan (about three-fourths of the way full).
- Bake muffins for 16 to 18 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy!