Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 18 minutes
12 Servings | Calories: 140 | Protein: 8 | Fat: 9 | Carbs: 4
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free
- 1/3 c lemon juice (about 3 small lemons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 c applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 ¼ c almond flour
- 1/3 c tapioca flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line 12-cup muffin pan or grease with coconut oil
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, apple sauce, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, almond extract and lemon juice.
- In medium bowl combine almond flour, tapioca flour, poppy seeds, baking soda, salt and lemon zest; set aside. Add to wet ingredients, mixing with large spoon or spatula until combined.
- Evenly distribute batter into 12-cup muffin pan (about 3/4 way full).
- Bake muffins for 16-18 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.