Loaded Potato Soup
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 40 minutes | Servings: 6
1 Serving | Calories: 385 | Protein: 14 | Fat: 17 | Carbs: 41
- 6 strips bacon, nitrate free, diced
- ½ white or yellow onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2½ lb. russet, yellow, or gold potatoes
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 3 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup canned coconut cream, unsweetened
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. dried chives
- optional: green onion
- Place bacon pieces in a large Dutch Oven or soup pot over medium heat and cook until bacon is crisp and browned.
- Remove bacon pieces and set aside, leaving the fat in the pot.
- Add chopped onion and cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes until onions are tender.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add diced potatoes to the pot along with chicken bone broth, lemon juice, coconut milk, salt, pepper, chili powder, and dried chives. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Reduce heat to simmer and carefully remove approximately half of the soup to a blender (it will be hot!) and puree until smooth. You can also use an immersion blender.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot and stir well.
- Allow soup to simmer for 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with bacon pieces and green onion and enjoy!
Coach Tip: If you want a boost in protein, during step 7, add 1 to 2 servings of unflavored Life Time Collagen Peptides when blending soup.