Mexican Zucchini Burrito Boats
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 40 minutes | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 290 | Protein: 15 | Fat: 11 | Carbs: 33
- 4 to 6 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, cored and diced
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 tbs. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Grease a 10-x-15-inch casserole dish with coconut oil and set to the side. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Once zucchini are halved, remove the center with a melon baller or spoon to form a small “dish.” Place zucchini face up on the casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil until melted. Add onion and red pepper and sauté for about 3 minutes, until slightly cooked. Add corn, beans, salsa, taco seasoning, and paprika and let mixture simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully spoon the veggie mixture evenly into the zucchini boats. Once filled, top lightly with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cheese is melted. Then broil on low for 5 minutes to brown the cheese, but this is optional. Remove from oven and let cool.