No-Bake Coconut Bites
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 40 minutes | Servings: 12
1 Serving | Calories: 170 | Protein: 1 | Fat: 13 | Carbs: 13
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1½ cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 6 dates
- 1 tbs. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 12 almonds (optional)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a small cutting board with wax or parchment paper.
- Combine coconut, dates, vanilla and coconut oil in a food
- processor until slightly sticky, about 3 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, press the mixture into the spoon to shape into 12 equal-sized bites. Gently slide out of spoon and place on parchment paper.
- If you prefer Mounds bars, leave as is. If you prefer Almond Joys, press one almond in the center of each coconut mound.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- While the bars are firming up, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (20 seconds at a time to prevent burning.)
- Dip the coconut mixture into the chocolate to top them. Pop them back in the freezer for another 20 minutes to firm up.