One-Pot Creamy Mushroom Chicken and Rice
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes | Servings: 6
1 Serving | Calories: 380 | Protein: 32 | Fat: 19 | Carbs: 12
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 3 cups baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2 lb. chicken breast
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- Press the sauté button on your pressure cooker. Add the olive oil, garlic and onion, sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, mushrooms, rice, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Stir the ingredients in the pressure cooker add the chicken pieces on top. Close the lid, set the valve to “sealing”, and cook on high pressure for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Once the countdown has completed, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Pull the chicken and re-add to the pot with full-fat coconut milk.
- Stir until combined and serve.