One-Pot Italian Sausage and Kale Soup
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Servings: 6
1 Serving | Calories: 475 | Protein: 36 | Fat: 26 | Carbs: 19
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 lb. Italian turkey sausage
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 to 2 tsp. red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups torn kale leaves (bite-size pieces)
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup raw, unsalted cashews
- ¾ cup water
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pressure cooker. Sauté garlic and Italian turkey sausage 6 to 7 minutes until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- While cooking, combine cashews and water in blender and blend until smooth (about one minute). Mixture will be thick.
- When pressure releases, stir in cashew cream.