Orange Chicken with Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes | Servings: 8
1 Serving | Calories: 215 | Protein: 28 | Fat: 15 | Carbs: 3
- 2 lb. chicken breast
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 orange, medium
- ⅓ cup gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tbs. tomato paste
- 2 tbs. honey
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice:
- 4 cups riced cauliflower (or 1 bag)
- 4 cups stir fry vegetables (broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, snap peas, etc.)
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces (about 1 inch). Season with desired salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, add chicken with 1 tbs. of coconut oil and cook on medium heat. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until mostly cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, tomato paste, honey, red pepper and garlic powder. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour sauce over chicken and stir to coat evenly. Cook chicken for additional 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through (165°F temperature).
- In another pan, melt 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil and add stir-fry vegetables. Sauté until mostly cooked through, about 7 minutes. Then add cauliflower and sauté until fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the orange chicken over 1 to 2 cups cauliflower stir-fry and enjoy!