Orange Chicken with Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice
Makes 4 Servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
Nutritional Info | Calories: 215 | Protein: 28 | Fat: 15 | Carbs: 3
- 1 lbs. chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 orange, medium
- 3 Tbsp. cup gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice:
- 4 cups riced cauliflower (or 1 bag)
- 4 cups stir fry vegetables (broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, snap peas, etc.)
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces (about 1 inch). Season with desired salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, add chicken with 1 tbsp. of coconut oil and cook on medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes until mostly cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, tomato paste, honey, red pepper and garlic. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour sauce over chicken and stir to evenly coat. Cook chicken for additional 5-10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through (165 temperature).
- In another pan, melt 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil and add stir fry vegetables. Sauté until mostly cooked through, about 7 minutes. Then add cauliflower and sauté until fully cooked, about 5 mins.
- Serve the orange chicken over 1-2 cups cauliflower stir fry and enjoy!
Overnight Oats Four Ways
Lemon Roasted Salmon