Makes 15 Servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 60 minutes
Nutritional Info | Calories: 285 | Protein: 3 | Fat: 26 | Carbs: 13
- 4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut, maple syrup, peppermint extract, egg whites, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Use a 1/4 cup to scoop the coconut mixture into your palm and compress together. Place on baking sheet and shape into a dome with the palm of your hand. Repeat.
- Bake at 350ºF for about 20 minutes or until the macaroons begin to turn golden brown on the sides.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Coat the bottom of each macaroon with chocolate by melting chocolate chips in the microwave and stirring until smooth.
- Dip the bottom of each macaroon into the melted chocolate (gently), set on a piece of parchment paper. Repeat.
- When chocolate has cooled and hardened, enjoy!
You can’t go through December without a little peppermint – Up your smoothie game with this minty recipe!
Sweet Potato, Ginger and Honey Mousse
Perfect for the holidays, this mousse is just the right amount of sweet to satisfy that sweet tooth without impacting your waistline.