Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Mushrooms
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 2 hours | Servings: 10
1 Serving | Calories: 190 | Protein: 29 | Fat: 7 | Carbs: 8
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 3 small tart apples, diced
- 2 tbs. butter or ghee
- 12 oz. fresh mushrooms, diced
- Fresh thyme sprigs, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle thyme and pepper over roast and press into the meat. Place in a greased 9-x-13-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 450°F for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F; bake 60 to 80 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°–170°F.
- Fifteen minutes before the roast is done, sauté apples in butter in a skillet until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; cover and keep warm. Sauté mushrooms in the same skillet until tender; set aside.
- Remove roast from oven; sprinkle with dash of sea salt. Transfer to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.