Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Mushrooms
Makes 10 Servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 2 hours
Nutritional Info | Calories: 190 | Protein: 29 | Fat: 7 | Carbs: 8
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 3 small tart apples, diced
- 12 oz. fresh mushrooms, diced
- 2 Tbsp. butter or ghee
- Fresh thyme sprigs, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle thyme and pepper over roast and press into the meat. Place in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 60-80 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°-170°.
- Fifteen minutes before roast is done, sauté apples in butter in a skillet until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; cover and keep warm. Saute mushrooms in the same skillet until tender; set aside.
- Remove roast from oven; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Transfer to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
Upgrade your morning coffee with protein, healthy fats and a sweet dose of nutrients.
Cinnamon Apple Chips
Naturally sweet, crunchy and utterly addictive, these apple chips will have you heading to the local orchard in no time.