Turkey Pumpkin Chili
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 350 | Protein: 26 | Fat: 9 | Carbs: 15
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, D.TOX
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) pumpkin purée (unsweetened)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) red kidney beans
- 1½ tbs. chili powder
- 1½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Optional: 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Brown ground turkey over medium heat in a large skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add in yellow onion, green and yellow peppers, and garlic and sauté 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, pumpkin puree, red kidney beans. Season with chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and paprika (salt and pepper to taste).
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and/or jalapeño and enjoy!