Roasted Vegetable & Quinoa Bake
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes
4 Servings | Calories: 510 | Protein: 21 | Fat: 24 | Carbs: 55
- 1 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 15 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of green olives
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup basil
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a dutch oven or cast iron skillet, coat the bottom with olive oil. Layer the onion, mushrooms and peppers on the bottom. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then cook for about 30 minutes, until vegetables are roasted.
- While the vegetables are in the oven, bring 2 cups of water to boil. Once boiling, add quinoa and reduce heat to a simmer. Allow the quinoa to cook until the water is fully evaporating, making sure to stir periodically to reduce burning.
- In a medium bowl, add quinoa, beans, olives, spinach, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper, and half of the feta and mix thoroughly.
- When the veggies are ready, remove from the oven and add in the mixture from the bowl, spreading it out evenly. Top with the remaining feta, and return to the oven for another 20 minutes. Broil on low for another 5 minutes to grill the cheese, then remove and enjoy!