Shrimp Stir Fry
Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
4 Servings | Calories: 320 | Protein: 24 | Fat: 7 | Carbs: 38
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- ½ 12-ounce can baby corn, drained
- ¼ red onion
- ½ 8-ounce can water chestnuts
- ½ cup mushrooms
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in rice and salt.
- Reduce heat to low and allow water to simmer, cover, and cook rice until the water is absorbed – about 15-20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, in a small bowl whisk together the coconut aminos, garlic, honey, sesame oil and lime juice. Add shrimp and marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat add the peppers, carrots, broccoli, sugar snap peas, baby corn, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Pour the sauce on top. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until shrimp is pink.
- Add broccoli and sugar snap peas. Stir until incorporated and then cover and cook 3-5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Serve over rice.