Shrimp Stir Fry
Prep: 30 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 320 | Protein: 24 | Fat: 7 | Carbs: 38
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbs. honey
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 lb. large shrimp peeled and deveined
- ¼ red onion
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- ½ 12-oz. can baby corn, drained
- ½ 8-oz. can water chestnuts
- ½ cup mushrooms
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in rice and salt.
- Reduce heat to low and allow water to simmer. Cover,and cook rice until the water is absorbed — about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, in a small bowl whisk together the coconut aminos, garlic, honey, sesame oil and lime juice. Add shrimp and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat, add the onion, peppers, carrots, broccoli, sugar snap peas, baby corn, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Pour the sauce on top. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp is pink.
- Add broccoli and sugar snap peas. Stir until incorporated and then cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Serve over rice.