Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 4 to 8 hours | Servings: 6
1 Serving | Calories: 390 | Protein: 27 | Fat: 25 | Carbs: 21
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 tsp. ground ginger powder
- 3 tbs. red curry paste
- 2 tbs. tomato paste
- 2 tbs. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 bay leaves
- In the base of your crock pot, add sweet potatoes, bell pepper and chicken.
- In food processor (or blender) add cashews, onion, ginger powder, red curry paste, tomato paste, garlic powder, chili powder, turmeric, cumin, salt and lemon juice. Blend until fully combined.
- Cover chicken with mixture, pour can of coconut milk over all ingredients, and add bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove and pull chicken, remove bay leaves, and return to crock pot and stir all ingredients. Serve with rice or your choice of side.