Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 4-8 hours
6 Serving | Calories: 390 | Protein: 27 | Fat: 25 | Carbs: 21
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 tsp. ground ginger powder
- 3 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 15 oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 2 bay leaves
- In the base of your crockpot, add sweet potatoes, bell pepper and chicken.
- In food processor (or blender) add cashews, onion, ginger powder, red curry paste, tomato paste, garlic powder, chili powder, turmeric, cumin, salt and lemon juice. Blend until fully combined.
- Cover chicken with mixture and pour can of coconut milk over all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, high for 4-6 hours.
- Remove and pull chicken, return to crockpot and stir all ingredients. Serve with rice or your choice of side.