Slow Cooker Chicken with Apple Slaw
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 4 to 6 hours | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 225 | Protein: 37 | Fat: 5 | Carbs: 17
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, D.TOX
Slow Cooker Chicken
- ½ medium apple (honeycrip or fuji recommended), chopped
- ¼ small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup unsweetened apple cider
- ½ medium apple (honey crip or fuji recommended), thinly sliced or julienned
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 12-oz. bag coleslaw mix
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In base of slow cooker, add ½ apple and yellow onion. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with ½ tsp of salt and garlic powder.
- Place the chicken on top of the onion and apple mixture. Pour over ¼ cup apple cider. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare apple slaw in medium-size bowl. Combine apples, green onion, coleslaw mix, olive oil, white wine vinegar and salt. Set aside or place in fridge.
- When chicken is tender and cooked through, shred with two forks and place back into the slow cooker. Add the remaining ¼ cup apple cider, stirring to combine. Add additional salt and apple cider to desired taste.
- Top apple slaw mix with chicken, serve and enjoy!