Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Root Veggies
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 6 to 8 hours | Servings: 6
Nutritional Info | Calories: 425 | Protein: 48 | Fat: 19 | Carbs: 17
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, D.TOX
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 2½ lb. boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 cups peeled, sliced carrots
- 2 cups peeled, sliced parsnips
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, diced
- 1½ cups water or beef broth
- 1 tsp. rosemary (dried or fresh)—parsley could work too!
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt coconut oil in the skillet. Pat dry the roast and then place on hot skillet. Brown all sides of roast over high heat for approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker and add the other ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours, or until meat is tender (you could also cook on high for 4 to 5 hours, however, roast may not be quite as tender).
- Use tongs or a slate spoon to remove roast and veggies.