Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Root Veggies
Makes 6 Servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 6-8 hours
Nutritional Info | Calories: 425 | Protein: 48 | Fat: 19 | Carbs: 17
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, D.TOX
- 2.5 lb. boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 cups peeled, sliced carrots
- 2 cups peeled, sliced parsnips
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, diced
- 1 ½ cups water or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (dried or fresh)—parsley could work too!
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt coconut oil in the skillet. Pat dry the roast and then place on hot skillet. Brown all sides of roast over high heat for approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker and add the other ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours, or until meat is tender (you could also cook on high for 4-5 hours, however, roast may not be quite as tender).
- Use tongs or a slate spoon to remove roast and veggies.
Eggs, bacon and avocado – The perfect triad.
Almond Butter Banana Blender Muffins
A healthy treat packed with healthy fats and protein? Yup. They do exist.