Slow Cooker Thai Chicken
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 4 to 8 hours | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 400 | Protein: 35 | Fat: 24 | Carbs: 12
- 2 lb. chicken breasts
- ¾ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tbs. garlic, minced
- 2 tbs. honey
- 2 tbs. coconut aminos (or gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 tbs. lime juice
- 1½ tbs. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- 4 tbs. chopped peanuts
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker in an even layer.
- In a small mixing bowl, add coconut milk, peanut butter, garlic, honey, coconut aminos, lime juice, sesame oil and red pepper flakes and mix until combined. (It may help to soften the peanut butter.)
- Pour the mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once cooked, remove chicken and shred, then return back to the crock pot and stir until chicken is evenly coated in the peanut sauce.
- Top with peanuts and cilantro, and serve alone or with a side of rice or rice noodles.