Southwest Fajita Bowl
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 310 | Protein: 30 | Fat: 7 | Carbs: 37
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion, finely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely sliced
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb. cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Optional Toppings: fresh cilantro, avocado, lime
- 1 tbs. chili powder
- ¾ tbs. cumin
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a large pot, add coconut oil. When melted, add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add onion and peppers, cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add corn kernels and cook for an additional minute.
- Add chicken broth and fajita seasoning and stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil on high heat and then reduce the heat to medium-low (a little bit above low temperature) and cover with a lid.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded chicken, cherry tomatoes and black beans.
- Top with fresh cilantro and avocado. Enjoy!