Southwest Fajita Bowl
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
4 Servings | Calories: 310 | Protein: 30 | Fat: 7 | Carbs: 37
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion, finely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 lb. cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning OR fajita seasoning below
- Optional Toppings: fresh cilantro, avocado, lime
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- ¾ tbsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a large pot, add coconut oil. When melted, add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add onion and peppers, cook 3-4 minutes. Add corn kernels and cook for an additional minute.
- Add chicken broth and fajita seasoning and stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil on high heat and then reduce the heat to medium low (a little bit above low temperature) and cover with a lid.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded chicken cherry tomatoes and black beans.
- Top with fresh cilantro and avocado. Enjoy!