Steak Bites with Sweet Potatoes and Peppers
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 330 | Protein: 24 | Fat: 21 | Carbs: 13
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, D.TOX
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ onion, finely diced
- 1 lb. skirt steak, diced into 1” pieces
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tbs. coconut aminos
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add diced sweet potatoes to microwavable bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4 to 6 minutes, until tender. Remove from microwave and uncover to avoid overcooking. Set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil. When melted, add garlic and onion. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Add cubed steak bites and cook 9 to10 minutes until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook until browned. About 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and sauté an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until tender.
- Add the steak back to the skillet. Add balsamic vinegar, rosemary and coconut aminos and sauté until juices are dissolved.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!