Sweet Potato, Egg and Sausage Hash
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes | Servings: 2
Nutritional Info | Cals: 292 | P: 23 | C: 17 | F: 14
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 4 breakfast sausage links
- 1 medium sweet potato, julienned
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to broil. Place cast-iron pan on medium heat and melt coconut oil in a cast-iron pan.
- Add bell pepper and onion to pan and sauté for about 5 minutes, until cooked. Add breakfast sausage and sauté another 5 to 8 minutes until browned.
- Julienne the sweet potato (or use a cheese grater) and add to pan. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, until softened.
- Carefully so that the eggs stay intact, crack each egg so that they are evenly distributed in each quadrant of the pan and so that they rest on top of the vegetables.
- Move the pan to the oven and let broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until eggs are cooked to your desired consistency.
- Remove from oven, top with salt and pepper, and enjoy!