Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
Makes 4 Servings | Prep time: 4 hours | Cook time: 6 minutes
Nutritional Info | Cals: 475 | P: 36 | C: 25 | F: 26
- 1 lbs. chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup corn
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- Place chicken breast in a slow cooker along with salsa, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from slow cooker and use two forks to shred.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Using a mandolin slicer (or by hand, with increased attention) slice sweet potatoes into thin slices. The thinner, the crispier they will come out.
- Toss sweet potato slices in a bowl with olive oil and paprika.
- Line a baking sheet (or two) with aluminum foil and set a baking rack on top, if you have one. Layer sweet potato slices onto the rack, making sure not to overlap them.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crispy.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°
- If you used two baking sheets, condense all sweet potato slices onto one sheet. Top with chicken, black beans, corn, pepper, red onion, and green onions. Sprinkle everything evenly with cheese.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, until cheese is melted. Top with diced avocado and enjoy!
For a quick, mouth-watering dip, whip up this simple guacamole!
Roasted Sweet & Spicy Almonds
Opt for a handful of these sweet homemade nuts that come with a punch.