Thai Basil Stir Fry
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
4 Servings | Calories: 400 | Protein: 24 | Fat: 22 | Carbs: 28
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbs. garlic, minced
- 3 tbs. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper
- 1 Serrano pepper, minced, seeds removed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by prepping the rice. Bring water or chicken broth to boil and stir in rice.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer, cover and cook rice until the liquid is absorbed – about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, combine coconut aminos, honey, and fish sauce together in a small bowl until well blended.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and garlic and cook until there is no pink. Remove from pan to a bowl and set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and minced serrano pepper to the skillet. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes until tender. Add ground beef back to pan.
- Pour in the sauce mixture, stir, and simmer until sauce is full incorporated.
- Stir in basil until wilted.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!