Vegetarian Rainbow Chili
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes
4 Servings | Calories: 390 | Protein: 22 | Fat: 4 | Carbs: 68
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
- 2 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 cups spinach, finely chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- ½ Tbsp. coconut oil
- In a large pot, melt coconut oil. Then add the onion, peppers, zucchini and carrots and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add your seasonings (garlic, chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika) and spinach. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minutes.
- Next, add the tomatoes, beans, and broth. Stir to combine and reduce heat to a simmer. Allow mixture to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
- For a thicker, less chunky texture, remove about half of the chili and pulse in a blender for a short amount of time – about 5-10 seconds. Then pour the blended mixture back into the pot and mix in evenly. Add in cilantro and mix in.
- Enjoy immediately, or freeze for future use.