Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
1 Serving | Calories: 385 | Protein: 18 | Fat: 30 | Carbs: 8
- 1 lb. ground Italian turkey sausage
- 4½ tbs. olive oil
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 16 oz. zucchini noodles (about 6 zucchini)
- Heat ½ tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and add ground Italian turkey sausage. Stir until fully cooked and there is no pink remaining. Set aside.
- While ground turkey is cooking, in medium skillet, add 3½ tablespoons of olive oil, garlic and cherry tomatoes. Simmer and stir for 8 to 10 minutes until tomatoes have popped and sauce has formed.
- Salt, pepper and red pepper flake to taste.
- Add cooked ground turkey and fresh basil to sauce mixture and stir to combine.
- In large skillet, add ½ tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and toss zucchini noodles 1 to 2 minutes until warm.
- Pour sauce over zucchini noodles, stir and serve!