Chicken and Corn Chowder
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 35 minutes | Servings: 6
1 Serving | Calories: 425 | Protein: 30 | Fat: 22 | Carbs: 35
- 1½ lb. chicken breasts
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 can sweet corn
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- Pinch of cayenne, optional
- 1 medium potato
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (12 oz.) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 bay leaf
- In a medium saucepan, sauté chicken breasts until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- In a large pot, add onion, corn, carrots, garlic, and ½ tablespoon of coconut oil, salt, pepper, thyme, and optional cayenne. Cook until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, zucchini, water, coconut milk and bay leaf. Raise the heat until the mixture begins to simmer, lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf from the mixture. Then separate about 2 cups of the mixture and place in a food processor. Puree until smooth, then return to the pot.
- Grab the chicken breasts and shred, either by hand or two forks. Add chicken to the pot and stir, so the chowder is well mixed.
- Let cool and enjoy!